Saturday, January 10, 2004

Oops, I did it again...sort of.

This year is starting out kind of bumpy. I think I'm losing it, for real.

Yesterday, I (thought) I had my Cinema and Modernity English class from 12 to 1. I got up, got ready and watched some TV. I even called a classmate to let 'em know to save me a seat in the unlikely event that I ran late.

I left the house around 11.00 so I could get to school early and take care of some paperwork at the registrar's office. The line-up was horrendous as usual and I finished 12.00 on the dot. I ran to the classroom (yes I checked earlier to make sure I had the right classroom) and was surprised to find the room almost empty. That's very unusual I thought, since the class size exceeds 175 students.

I sat down and waited for a bit more, and finally people started trickling in. But something was strange. Everyone looked different, the class met once before on Monday, and this crowd of people coming in were completely different. I asked the person who took a seat next to me what class this was and they told me it was calculus. CALCULUS??!?!

By now I was freaking out. I stumbled out of the classroom like a mad woman and I made a desperate call to my classmate and when she answered. All I could say was..."where is the class? where are you guys" She told me that the prof never showed up, they waited for a whole hour almost and he never showed. I thought, how could you wait a whole hour, it's only 10 after 12. And she told me that the class was supposed to start at 11....NOT 12 like I thought!

Ha! But the prof made the same mistake! Which is the only reason that I didn't smack my self upside the head for being so stupid...again.

But something good came out of my stupidity at least. At the registrar's office, I ran into Vanika, a good friend I met in summer school way back in Grade 11. She told me she got accepted to a medical school in the Caribbean! So proud, I am. Lucky girl.

P.S. it was mighty cold out today. poor homeless people, I couldn't stand being out there for five minutes (honestly it was COLD) I wonder how those sleeping outside made it through the night?

No comments: