Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'ts so cold outside!! I wanna cry

This morning I woke up late (because I spent half the night nearly coughing out my lungs) I woke up at 10.30 and I had a class a 11.00.

This is a little rundown of this morning's events which lead me to conclude that I'm an idiot...

10.30 woke up, saw the time and bolted quickely out of bed
10.33 had breakfast (scrambled eggs, they were very tasty)
10.37 took a quick shower and got ready
10.50 ran out of the house
10.56 made to the campus (it pays off to live close to school)
11.00 found my class, took a seat and was so proud of myself
11.03 waiting for the prof to start. The prof was different, not the one that's taught the course for the past two years (clue #1 that something wasn't right...)
11.05 still waiting. looking around the room, it was a small room. noticed something different about the students and I didn't recognize anyone (clue #2)
11.07 still waiting. noticed the students around me talking about strange stuff (clue #3)
11.10 the prof finally starts. Introduces herself and starts talking about something I didn't fully understand and that I've never heard of (clue #4)
11.12 still struggling to understand what the heck the prof is saying
11.15 I'd had enough and I ask the girl next to me what class this was. the people who heard me started snickering and I feel my face heat up. I don't know what the girl said, but I knew that I wasn't where I was supposed to be
11.15 I leave the room feeling so pissed off at myself
11.20 found the room where my class was, and went in. couldn't find a seat so I had to stand for almost two hours.

Yep, I'm a dork, I know. I made that huge effort to be on time, only to be late anyways 'cause I'm too stupid to read the room number. I found out later in the day that I was in a class called "Foundations of Epidemiology" and I was supposed to be in "Peoples of the Middle East."

Note that this is not the first time I did this. Last year, after pulling an (almost) all-nighter, I sat in a class that I wasn't supposed to be in, but this time I was bright enough to get the hint the second the prof opened his mouth.

I'm back home now. After leaving class at 1, had some pizza and I went to work until 6. I didn't do much....I usually don't. I honestly have no idea what I'm getting paid for.

My dinner: a bottle of water,microwaveable oatmeal, and 2 twinkies...nice!

No comments: