Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye '09, I'll miss you!

This past year has been amazing. Not only did I finally graduate (again) but I got to see my dream of living in New York become a reality.. Granted it was only for 2.5 months, but still..it's NEW YORK!!!

Also, another dream of working for a world-class organization like UNICEF came true. Ok yeah...that too will be rather short-lived but I did it and that's what counts, dammit :p

Even though I'm happy looking forward to the future, I can't help but think back and reminisce about the past decade. 2000-2009 = the best time of my life!  I graduated three times (highschool, university, college). I lived abroad in three countries (South Africa, Taiwan, USA). I travelled to a almost a dozen more countries. And through all that, I learned more than I ever thought possible.

The next decade has a lot to live up to. I would like to live abroad again doing something I love and that I'm good at. My contract with UNICEF ends next month and after that, who knows? =) Things are constantly uncertain when it comes to my future, but that's just a part of this journey called life. (haha! listen to me trying to sound deep :p.. fail!)

Happy New Year friends =)

No comments: