Sunday, October 22, 2006

interesting day today. I met up with an American teacher whose been here for a little over a year. and I found a really cool diner (FM Station) which I plan to frequent in the future. it was refreshing to actually, really talk about meaningful things. worthwhile conversations is the one thing that's been severely lacking during my time here. I can count on one hand the number of ppl I've met here who are sincerely interested in what's going on in the world and are in tune with things outside of their own experience.

I have to admit, I love to debate. and fyi that is not the same as arguing. I love looking at an issue and trying to break it down from all possible perspectives. I remember my last year of uni my good friend Roger and I always getting into debates about everything and anything. somehow we were always on the opposite side of the spectrum with all kinds of issues but it was awesome to just talk like openly without worrying about offending anyone. dude I so miss that! it was funny coz we always ended our talks with 'OK, let's just agree to disagree!" heh.

anyway, that's enough bellyaching for one night. eid mubarak!

No comments: