Saturday, April 08, 2006

People are saying that joburg skipped summer this year because it's been unusually cool. I think winter usually starts around May but I guess it's come earlier this year? fine by me! there were only a handful of unbearably hot days...the rest cool and breezy and rainy. that's my ideal weather so I have no complaints weather-wise about joburg.

security-wise though the situation is still a bit unsettling, thankfully I'm not as pananoid as before so I'm enjoying it here again. I used to hate the nights but the fear is not as intense as before. I relapse sometimes and start checking out the windows every few hours to see if there's anything suspicious out there.

I'm being irrational I know, considering that a bathroom light started all of this. I just have to keep reminding myself of that!

anyway, it hailed today - they were the size of skittles. luckily I missed the hail by mere minutes! I got inside just in time. I wonder though what it's like to be caught in hail.

No comments: