Saturday, April 01, 2006

man I had a good day. I originally planned to take it easy and run some errands (grocery shopping, laundry etc.) like I do most saturdays but somehow I got suckered into coming into work early to meet the ngo's board of directors during thier meeting.

I didn't stay long so instead of running back home I went downtown into the guts of joburg and walked around for a few hours. it was insane, 'bustling' doesn't even begin to describe the atmosphere! I loved it. It was the first time I went there without a vehicle...

Anyway, I took a detour to Museum Africa and Oriental Plaza which was pretty great. Unfortunatly I didn't bring much money so I couldn't buy any of the neat things I saw. But I'll go back next weekend, oh yes, I'll go back with a shitload of cash and finally get around to buying the gifts I was ordered to buy for friends and family...mostly family though; friends were coy about asking for things but my family outright threatend bodily harm if I didn't get them stuff.

yeah so today was a good day, even the minibus driver yelling at me didn't dampen my spirits. (note for anyone coming to S.A.: don't tap the driver on the shoulder when you want to get off... they're pretty sensitive about that)

hm, less than a month left here. amazing how time flies. I miss Toronto though, I'm keen on going back.

No comments: