Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I just finished watching the original Dawn of the Dead. All I can say is gross. so much gore and blood, but it was kind of funny because everything looked so fake! The 'blood' looked nothing like real blood. And since when is flesh so soft and spongy that humans can take a bite out of it like they were taking a bite out of a sandwich.
I think I should see the new one. I heard the running zombies were cool. I love running zombies, so much more scarier than ones that drag their feet.

So I saw that, and yesterday I saw American Psycho. I'm watching these movies for my Cinema and Modernity class. I have to write an essay about these movies you see. Usually I wouldn't watch these types of movies but I have no choice. I'm supposed to choose between watching horror, romance or science-fiction...I have a very strong gag reflex, so romance was out of the question, and I just don't 'get' science fiction type movies. Maybe I'm not smart enough or something, I don't know. So, it was horror by default.

By the way, this week I made my very first DVD purchase. I don't have a DVD player but I have a laptop that can play DVDs, so I don't plan on getting one. I was really hoping I could avoid those stupid things but...
ah well. I can't believe that my beloved VHS is becoming obsolete right before my eyes. Reminds me of my ordeal with the whole CD thing back in high school. I was one of those people that was stuck to cassettes, I hated the CD when it first came out, 'cause it meant I had to get a CD player. But then I had no choice but to buy them because the stores stopped carrying them! blah

No comments: